2015年1月17日 星期六

小六英文 EXERCISE

Baptist (Sha Tin WaiLui Ming Choi Primary School
2014-2015 1st Term P.6 English
Speed Reading Exercise- 3 minutes
Name: __________________ (   ) Class: P.6 ____    Date: ___________________
A.    Read the poem and tick the correct answers.
流程圖: 替代處理程序: Slimming 

Chocolates, crisps and biscuits               
I would eat all if put in front of me 
My clothes kept getting bigger 
Loose jumpers were my friends 

              I wasn’t happy with my size              5
But found it hard to diet 
Several times I’d tried to slim 
Much to my dismay, I usually fail 
I was miserable and grumpy 

      An embarrassing question from my daughter,      10
“When is the baby coming?” 
I finally made up my mind
My fat could stay no more 

I sought out a slimming plan
    Cut out sweets and fat, exercise till covered in sweat.  15 
With my dress size getting smaller 
And my confidence increasing 
I look forward to a new life. 

Adapted from: http://slimmingworldsupport.editboard.com/Poetry




1.     In stanza 1, My clothes kept getting bigger”. What does this sentence tell us?
o A. The writer is getting fatter.
o B. The writer is getting older.
o C. The writers clothes are kept in a bigger closet.
o D. The writer has more clothes now.

2.     What does “made up my mind” in line 12 mean?
o  A.  remembered
o  B.  learnt
o  C.  decided
o  D.  realized

3.     How did the writer feel in stanza 2?
o  A.  cross
o  B.  unhappy
o  C.  disappointed
o  D.  all of the above

4.     Why did the writer finally seek out a slimming plan?
o A. Because she was not happy with her size.
o B. Because she found it difficult to diet.
o C. Because her daughter asked her an embarrassing question.
o D. Because her baby was coming.

5.     Which of the following is NOT true about the writer?
o  A.  The writer was pregnant.
o  B.  The writer used to love eating before.
o  C.  The writer got slimmer in the end.
o  D.  The writer tried to diet many times.

6.     In stanza 4, what was the writer’s slimming plan? (You can tick more than one answer)
o A. Do a lot of exercise.
o B. Stop eating sweets and fat.
o C. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables.
o D. Wear smaller dresses and increase her confidence.

7. Which of the following is the meaning of the word diet in line 6?
o A. noun. The food usually eaten by a person or group.
o B. noun. The drink usually drunk by a person or group.
o C. adjective. Describes food or drink that contains much less sugar or fat than the usual type, and is often sweetened artificially.
o D. verb. To limit the food and drink which you take, especially in order to lose weight.

Baptist (Sha Tin WaiLui Ming Choi Primary School
2014-2015 1st Term P.6 English
Revision Exercise

Name: __________________ (   ) Class: P.6 ____    Date: ___________________

A.   There is ONE mistake in each of the following sentences. Underline the mistake and write the correct answer on the given line.

1.     Unless I am very tired, I will NOT go to bed early.
1. _________________
2.     Both cats or dogs are popular pets in Hong Kong.
2. _________________
3.     The woman was exciting to see the dolphins dancing in the water.
3. _________________
4.     You should not eat too much before doING exercise. 
4. _________________
5.     In order to be healthy, we should eat a variety for food.
5. _________________

B.   Read the following sentences and tick the best answer. 

1.     “Don’t you dare go out! Stay at home and finish your work or you will have no dinner,” John’s father_______.
oA. suggested     oB. warned            oC. complained            oD. whispered

2.     When Mary climbed to the top of the mountain and saw the magnificent view under her feet, she _____________, “What a wonderful world!”
oA. ordered         oB. whispered        oC. called         oD. exclaimed

3.     The football coach could not hide his _____________ when his team lost the match.
   oA. disappoint     oB. disappointing  oC. disappointment            oD. disappointed

4.     It was John’s first time to ride on the roller-coaster. He did not enjoy it at all. He thought it was _____________.
oA. frightening          oB. fright         oC. frightened        oD. frighten



C.   Fill in the blanks with the correct forms of the verbs in the brackets.
On my first day back at school, I e.g. was        (be) filled with excitement. “I ________have waited_________ (wait) for the new school year for ages,” I whispered to myself. I was later overjoyed to 2. _______learn__________(learn) that many of my good friends, including Alice and Roy were in the same class as me. However, my heart 3.______was sinking___________ (sink) when I saw Alvin walk into the classroom. Even today, I still 4.______remember__________ (remember) how he bullied me when I was in Primary One. While I 5.______was lining___________ (line) up at the tuck shop, he 6. ______came___________ (come) up to me and tried to cut in line. When I 7._______told__________ (tell) him off, he kicked me in the back and I 8._____fell____________(fall) straight onto the floor. I was seriously hurt.

Baptist (Sha Tin WaiLui Ming Choi Primary School
2014-2015 1st Term P.6 English
Revision Worksheet
Name: __________________ (   ) Class: P.6 ____    Date: ___________________
A.    Read the following article and answer the questions. Give short answers.
 





















1.     Find a word from paragraph 3 that means ‘food remaining after meal’.


 1. _________________
2.     What is the purpose of Eat Up or Pay More campaign?

 2. _________________
   _________________
3.     Which organization does Dr Ho Man work for?

 3. _________________
4.     If a customer in Akashi Japanese Cuisine leaves 2 sushi uneaten,how much will he be fined?


 4. _________________
5.     Which country has carried out the fining policy of wasteful customers effectively?


 5. _________________
*6. Apart from asking customers to pay the uneaten food, what can restaurants do in order to prevent them from wasting food?


 6. _________________


B.    Fill in the blanks with the correct tenses.
1.     Lily ________________ (join) the violin class for 2 years so now she can play the violin very well.

2.     When Michael ______________ (doze) off in the middle of the English lesson, Tom tapped on his shoulders and woke him up.

3.     Yuki _______________ (not finish) her work last night, therefore she is absent today.

4.     If you send Miss Lai a letter, she _______________ (reply) as soon as possible, answered the school secretary on the phone.

5.     The sun _______________ (rise) in the east every day so we can enjoy the sunrise behind this house, Tom suggested.

C.   There is one mistake in each sentence. Underline the mistake and write the correct
word on the given line.
1.     _________________

2.     _________________

3.     _________________

4.     _________________



 

1.     Unless doing exercise, Dan should have a balanced diet in order
to keep fit.
                                                                                        
2.     Both smoking and drinking too much beer is harmful to our
bodies.

3.     “You should apologise to one another,” Dad told Peter and
Leo after they quarrelled.

4.     You cannot go anywhere if you have finished all your
homework before noon.


Tenses:


  1. How long have you lived in the United States? (one year)
  1. How long has Mary been a nurse? (April)
  1. How long has Karen known Tom? (1979)
  1. How long have they studied English? (a few months)
  1. How long has Karen played tennis? (a long time)
  1. How long has he worn glasses? (1975)
  1. How long has Emily played the piano? (high school)
  1. How long will you be on vacation? (three weeks)
  1. How long have you driven a car? (my birthday)
  1. How long has Ron had his new computer? (last month)
  1. How long has she owned the book shop? (ten years)
  1. How long has Gary played football? (several years)
  1. How long have your friends been in town? (Monday)
  1. How long has Mrs. Smith lived on Clark Street? (many years)
  1. How long has the post office been closed. (five o’lock)

沒有留言:

張貼留言